Nicet exams are much different than Neta?

I recently passed my level 2 nicet ett exam and had been studying for it by cramming test guy’s practice exams. My experience was that the test guys practice exam was harder than the nicet actual exam, I was getting around 60-65% on the test guys exam and received a passing grade my first time taking the nicet exam.
Has anyone else had a similar experience?

2 Likes

I used to have NICET certification. All I can say is that overall NICET was harder than NETA. Keep in mind, this was more than a decade ago. NICET 1 is equivalent to NETA 2 in difficulty, NICET 2 equivalent to NETA 3 and so on.
Testguy tests are based on NETA so you should be doing level 2 test for NICET 1 for example.

2 Likes

Last year I took my NETA 2, took my NETA 3 this year and passed both. I agree with you the practice tests here seem to be way harder than the actual test(which may be a good thing).

Depending on the subject matter I averaged 50-60% and passed both NETA tests the first time.

1 Like

Lol yes maybe harder is better. I also scored around that range and passed my level 2. I guess a 50% is good enough! :rofl:

Interesting :thinking: I have not taken any Neta exams, but like I said in my post the nicet exams seemed to me to be easier than the Neta practice exams on this site. Do you currently have a Neta cert?

1 Like

Yes. I used to be a NICET 2 certified tech and now I am a NETA 4 tech.
NICET is way more annoying with their “which 2 or 3 out of 4 apply” and the fact that there is a NICET 1 which in difficulty seems very similar to NETA 2.

1 Like

Interesting. Well I guess that’s not good news for me because I am on the nicet path, but if I ever start down the Neta journey maybe I’ll be in luck! Thanks for the feedback

1 Like

The NICET 1 EPT is now mostly safety oriented questions. If you take the safety practice tests and the basic electricity tests until you can get 70-80% consistently you will be in good shape. The NETA 2 is much much harder than the NICET 1 presently. I have passed both in the last couple of years. Basic testing knowledge and OSHA 10 will easily get it done.

2 Likes