NICET Study Resources

I am looking for study resource(s) for passing NICET I exam.

Having taken this exam (specifically the Electrical Power Testing one), I’ll tell you there’s honestly no real resources to acquire. However, NICET actually tells you everything you need for this one.

In the ‘Level I Certification Content Outline’ document provided on the NICET website, it gives a full breakdown of the percentage of the test questions that will be covering each topic. Moreover, it tells you exactly which standards the questions will be pulled from.

Some of the questions only ask you to have basic knowledge of what each of the following standards oversee from a regulatory standpoint:
-NFPA 70E
-ANSI Z535.4,
-OSHA 29 CFR, Part 1926, Subpart C
-OSHA 29 CFR 1910.145, 331-335, and 1200
The questions revolving around these standards will not get into specifics. They just want you to know that, say, the NFPA 70E is the standard that covers work safety in regards to arc flash, shock, etc.

The things you really need to study for are OSHA questions. They WILL ask for very specific answers regarding the following:
-OSHA 29 CFR, Part 1910, Subpart I
-OSHA 29 CFR, Part 1926, Subpart E
-NFPA 70E, Article 250 and Annexes H and M
-OSHA 29 CFR, Part 1910, Subpart D
-OSHA 29 CFR, Part 1926, Subparts L, M, X
-OSHA 29 CFR, Part 1910.132 and 146
-OSHA 29 CFR, Part 1910.147, Subpart J
-Basic First Aid/CPR procedures

There is no way around it, but you will essentially have to read through these very boring OSHA standards and memorize them. No practice tests for this exam will help nearly as much as doing this, unfortunately.

Hope this helps, and best of luck!

2 Likes

Hi dear friends;

I am planing to get and exam for NICET Level 1 Highway Construction Inspector but have no any document for study this exam.Could you help me how can I get study materials and preperation tests for this exam.

I appreciated whoever help me.
Thanks.

1 Like

Were you able to pass the test? I’m planning to take the NICET highway construction inspector test too and am looking for Information.

1 Like