Report Tech Quiz Issues Here

Hello when i finished my exam it didn’t give me the option to forward all the incorrect questions to my email account.

Please note the send results to email feature was removed about a year ago as part of the migration from TestGuy Classic. Pro subscribers can now store and retrieve their results directly in the App via the new “My Progress” section. From here you can monitor your progression for each exam and print results for local storage.

When I take one of the quizzes, I get a message telling me how many I got correct. However, it rarely tells me which questions were wrong. In TestGuy Classic, it would tell the first 10 incorrect answers. Would it be possible to implement the same functionality on the revamped website?

Thank you.

1 Like

Could you give some examples of your scores and number of expected questions when this happens? The system should be showing the frist 1/3 of questions you missed. Perhaps if your score is too high, that number ends up being too low. We are looking into this…

I’ve noticed it the most when I get 23 or 24 out of 25 correct. If, I get 22 or lower, I’m usually shown at least one of the incorrect questions.

1 Like

Thanks for helping us confirm this is most likely the issue. The limit is completely removed for users with an active subscription. Next update should see a fix to set a minimum of 1 for everyone else.

I am not able to upgrade my account. After doing the captcha in the paypal link, I get an error that says Cannot GET webapps/hermes/wpsCaptcha

@user237 A support ticket has been opened, please check your inbox.

HP = Torque (In Lb-Ft) * RPM / 5252

32/12=2.66
2.66*3450=9200
9200/5252=1.752

1 Like

Which insulating gas is a sustainable alternative to sulfur hexafluoride:
Novec 4170
Novec 5110
G3
AirPlus

They are all sustainable compared to SF6 but I need to pick one.

1 Like

Which statement about the conductive properties of aluminum compared to copper is true?
Your Answer: For the same current rating, the cross-section area of an aluminum busway is greater than copper.
Correct Answer: Kilogram for kilogram, aluminum busbars are more conductive than copper.
Help: Aluminum: Inherently good for bus bars (link not included because of forum rules)

Clicking on that link, and scrolling about halfway down, it says the following:

“Some say aluminium is only 65% as conductive as copper. But is it? Sure, for the same current rating the cross-section area of an aluminium busway is greater. But it’s much lighter. In fact, kilogram for kilogram, aluminium busbars are 50% more conductive than copper.”

So both answers are true, and I don’t know why either would be the “best” answer.

1 Like

What peak test voltage would you use to perform a VLF test on service aged cable rated 25kV according to NETA standards?

NETA MTS-2023 Table 100.6.3

peak is no longer in the neta tables i think this question is obsolete

1 Like

The voltage in the table is RMS, I assume they want you to calculate peak voltage by multiplying that by the square root of 2.

1 Like

Question - According to NEC Section 250.53(A)(2), when is it necessary to supplement a single rod, pipe, or plate grounding electrode with an additional electrode?
Your Answer: Always
Correct Answer: When it has a resistance to earth of 25 ohms or less
Help: [NEC Section 250.52 Electrodes Permitted for Grounding]

The way this question is worded is incorrect based on the correct answer. You DO NOT have to supplement with an additional ground rod if you can prove less than 25 ohms .

1 Like

I didn’t think to copy the question text at the time and I’m not sure how to access it now. There is a question in the question bank that involves a logic circuit diagram with eight inputs into three levels of logic gates. The question is something like “which two inputs could be energized to make the ouput false?” The accepted answer is G & H, which go into a NAND gate at the first level. However, while energizing these inputs would make the output of the NAND gate false, this output feeds into several other gates before the output of the overall system, including at least one OR gate (I can’t remember exactly), so really the overall output could be true or false depending on the state of the other inputs. The question could be clarified by changing the text to say something like “with all other inputs deenergized, which two inputs could be energized to make the output false?”

1 Like

1. What is the maximum allowed combined frequency variation from nameplate for AC induction motors?
Your Answer: 5%
Correct Answer: 10%
Help: Voltage & Frequency Variation

This question only mentions frequency, so the correct answer should be 5% according to the linked article and NEMA MG-1. It looks like it was supposed to say “combined voltage and frequency variation,” which would be 10%.

12.44 VARIATION FROM RATED VOLTAGE AND RATED FREQUENCY
12.44.1 Running
Alternating-current motors shall operate successfully under running conditions at rated load with a
variation in the voltage or the frequency up to the following:

a. Plus or minus 10 percent of rated voltage, with rated frequency for induction motors.
b. Plus or minus 6 percent of rated voltage, with rated frequency for universal motors.
c. Plus or minus 5 percent of rated frequency, with rated voltage.
d. A combined variation in voltage and frequency of 10 percent (sum of absolute values) of the rated
values, provided the frequency variation does not exceed plus or minus 5 percent of rated
frequency, and the voltage variation of universal motors (except fan motors) does not exceed plus
or minus 6 percent of rated voltage.

Performance within these voltage and frequency variations will not necessarily be in accordance with the
standards established for operation at rated voltage and frequency.

1 Like

Which of the following protection curves is represented as CO-6 according to IEEE standards?
Correct Answer: Definite minimum
Help: Inverse Time Overcurrent Relays and Curves Explained

As far as I know, IEEE C37.112 is the only IEEE standard that defines protection curves. I checked the 2018 and 1996 book years and neither one represents anything according to the ABB type CO relay numbers. Also, definite minimum is not one of the IEEE curves. The only curves in C37.112 are Moderately Inverse, Very Inverse, and Extremely Inverse. All of these curves include a definite minimum time component, which in electromechanical relays is the part of the trip curve where the induction element would be saturated.

1 Like

For in-service medium-voltage metal-enclosed busways, how should the resistance values for insulation tests be determined?
Your Answer: Investigate values which deviate from those of similar bus connections by more than 50 percent of the lowest value.
Correct Answer: Use the manufacturer’s published data or relevant standards.
Help: NETA MTS-2023 Section 7.4

The computer answer is incorrect per neta mts 2019. My answer being the correct answer.

1 Like

My last tech quiz didn’t update in my progress section on the test guy pro app. Did testguy.net and the pro app separate their platforms from each other?

15. What should be worn in conjunction with an arc flash hood (full)?
Your Answer: Safety glasses
Correct Answer: All of the above

I can’t remember what the other choice was, but I eliminated “all of the above” as an answer because one of the choices was “balaclava.” NFPA 70E-2024 Table 130.5 (G) does not require a balaclava when wearing an arc flash hood for incident energies over 12 cal/cm2. A balaclava is required when wearing a face shield if the rear of the head is inside the arc flash boundary (footnote b), only for less than 12 cal/cm2, and the requirement is SR (selection required) with the phrase “or arc flash suit hood.” The point of a balaclava is to protect the back of the head and neck. An arc flash suit hood also protects the back of the head and neck, and has a higher arc rating than a balaclava. I’m aware that many people always wear a balaclava when wearing an arc suit hood, but it isn’t a requirement.

Which side of the battery has the higher electric potential energy?
Your Answer: Either Side
Correct Answer: Right Side
Help: The positive side of the battery is ALWAYS at a higher potential energy than the negative side.

The wording of this question makes the preferred answer incorrect. The positive side is at a higher electric potential (i.e. voltage) than the negative side, because we arbitrarily decided that lack of electrons means “positive” and excess of electrons means “negative”, and mathematically speaking positive is always greater than negative. The electric potential energy is based on the magnitude of a difference of potential between two reference points, and this could be negative or positive voltage. You’ll get shocked just as hard by -300VDC as you would by +300VDC, and the only actual, physical difference is whether your body is acting as a source of electrons or a sink for electrons.

1 Like