Report Tech Quiz Issues Here

Question Bank Technical Review

TestGuy has been active since 2010 and our quiz database has grown to nearly 3000 questions. We strive to offer the most complete and accurate information possible, which is why we encourage the community to be involved in helping us identify issues so they can be corrected.

Before posting, it’s important to understand that questions/answers can be very subjective, and in the real world an exam taker will encounter questions that may have multiple true answers but only the best answer is considered correct.

:bulb: We ask that anyone reporting changes to exam questions provide an explanation or resource to support your answer/suggestion. Thanks for your continued support!

2 posts were merged into an existing topic: Pro App Support - Report Bugs Here

• 1. Where isolated metal water piping systems are installed in a multiple-occupancy building, the water pipes can be bonded with bonding jumpers.
    Your Answer: True
    Correct Answer: False
    Help: NFPA 70-2017 Section 250.104(A)(2)
1 Like
  1. What is the minimum acceptable test limit for an ASTM D1816 (2mm gap) test on mineral oil used in new 69kV equipment?**
    Your Answer: 45kV
    Correct Answer: 55kV
    Help: NETA ATS-2021 Table 100.4.1

ATS refers to 69 KV AND BELOW to 45kV Min
If above 69kV its 55kV

1 Like

3 posts were split to a new topic: Which capacitor banks would provide desired power factor?

Thank you to everyone for reporting problems and providing solutions. We are working to verify and make the necessary corrections.

2 posts were merged into an existing topic: Account Recovery Support

• 1. Watt is a unit of:
    Your Answer: Real power
    Correct Answer: A and D
    Help: See Watt

This is an example of why it would be better just to see the whole test. How can I understand why I was wrong if I don’t know what D is. Does anyone have any insight into what D is in this question?

fall protection has different hieghts for different industries. you must specify the industry

you need to be more specific about the approach of an unqualified worker in the limited zone

I am not sure if this is the correct spot for this comment but I have a question that asked me to convert a temperature difference and C * 1.8 = F should have been the correct answer but it was not.

Thanks to everyone reporting issues and helping us improve. Please be sure to include the question text in your reports to help us pinpoint exactly which item to review.

During a thermographic inspection, you measure a 50°C phase to phase temperature rise on the line side of a fused disconnect. Your customer requests a report in Fahrenheit. Convert the temperature rise for him.
Your Answer: 90°F
Correct Answer: 122°F
Help: Multiply °C by 1.8 (or 9/5) and add 32 to get °F.

:thinking:

• 1. What is the minimum acceptable test limit for an ASTM D1816 (1mm gap) test on mineral oil used in new 69kV equipment?
    Your Answer: 25kV
    Correct Answer: 30kV
    Help: NETA ATS-2021 Table 100.4.1
    TABLE shows <=69 is 25kV and >69 <230 is 30kV
1 Like

That is the formula to convert one temperature to another. The Fahrenheit and Celsius scales have different starting points which is where the 32 comes from. For example if it is 20C outside it is 68F (20C * 1.8 + 32 = 68) But if it rises 20C to raise the temperature to 40C that is does not mean it raises 68F to a temp of 136F, it will only raise 20C * 1.8 = 36F to a temperature of 104F. This is because the for every 1C rise there is a 1.8F rise. For the final temp we need to factor in the 32 offset 40C *1.8 + 32 =104. In the last calculation we use +32 because this is a temperature not a temperature change.
Another quick example 20C + 1C =21C is equivalent to 68F + 1.8F = 69.8F

2 Likes

I redid this problem got the same answer as when I did the test. I then ran it through the chat bot and got the same answer. I think this question’s answer is incorrect. Can some one double check me or tell me where I went wrong?

• 10. A motor is operating at 3450 RPM and is producing a torque of 32 lb-in. What is the output horsepower of the motor?
    Your Answer: 21 hp
    Correct Answer: 1.75 hp
    Help: HP = Torque x RPM ÷ 5252
    Power and Torque
1 Like

this is what I get.
3450*32/5252 = 20.8377

1 Like

Thank you for reporting. This question appears to be marked wrong and will be corrected as necessary.

• 22. Figure
    Which direction is the current flowing through the battery if it is placed in a circuit?

Your Answer: Left to right
    Correct Answer: Could be either
    Help: Not enough information given about the circuit.

The arrow beside to I tells you which way current goes. So this question has false information in it.

Even if the arrow was not there, my opinion is that this is a poor quality question. Any question could have extenuating circumstances that make a different answer correct. I think trick questions do more harm then good. it requires you to know the subjective mindset of the writer instead of the given facts of the question. I guess if the possible answers contain “Could be either” of “Not enough information” the test taker should be careful.

Are there really questions like this on the NETA exam?
What do other people think?